Information we collect:
MetaBrite collects all of the information that you provide us about yourself, as well as all of the information associated with your use of our Services.
- When you download or register with the Services, we may ask you to provide personally identifiable information such as your name, email address, or telephone number, as well as other non-personally identifiable demographic information.
- You may also choose to submit content, including written opinions, ratings, or reviews, through the Services (“Other Content”.) By submitting, posting or displaying your Content through the Services, you agree that we can make it available to other users of the Services and that we are not obligated to keep the Content confidential.
- If you choose to use the receipt tracking features of the Services, we will collect the information included in the receipts you upload to the Services. We will only make receipt information available to third parties in anonymized, aggregated form and will not associate your personally identifiable information with it to any third party.
- If you choose to link the Services to your Facebook or other social media accounts, we may pull information for your contacts through those accounts and offer you the ability to connect with them through the Services.
- We also collect data and information about you automatically when you use the Services, such as your location and your calendar information. We use this information to personalize the Services for you and to provide you with shopping and recipe preparation suggestions. We will not make this information available to third parties in a manner that allows for you to be individually identified; instead, where such information is shared, it will only be shared in an anonymized, aggregated form.
When you use the Services, third parties other than MetaBrite such as your mobile service provider may collect information about you or your mobile device by automatic collection technologies. We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about such information collection, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
Disclosure of your information:
We may disclose personally identifiable information that we collect or you provide:
- To contractors and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of MetaBrite’s assets.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us at the time you provide the information.
- With your consent.
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
Your choices about our collection, use and disclosure of your information:
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. This section describes mechanisms we provide for you to control certain uses and disclosures of your information.
- Location Information. You can choose whether or not to allow the Services to collect and use real-time information about your device’s location through the device’s privacy settings. If you block the use of location information, some parts of the Services may then be inaccessible or not function properly.
- MetaBrite promotional emails. If you do not want us to use your e-mail address to promote our own products or services, you can opt-out by sending us an email with the subject line “OPT OUT OF METABRITE MARKETING” to email@example.com. If you do not want us to use your e-mail address to promote third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out by sending us an email with the subject line “OPT OUT OF THIRD PARTY MARKETING” to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Accessing and correcting your personal information:
You may edit any part of your personal information at any time by logging in to your personal account through our website or mobile application. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
If you choose to provide Receipt Submissions or Other Content via the Services (and, in the case of Receipt Submissions, designate them as viewable by others), that information may remain viewable in cached and archived pages, or might have been copied or stored by other users of the Services. Proper access to and use of information provided on the Services, including Content, is governed by our Terms of Service.
Your California Privacy Rights:
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits users of our Services that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for those third parties’ direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an e-mail to email@example.com.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Services, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet and mobile platforms is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted through the Services. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures we provide.